As further restrictions and social distancing measures are enforced by both Federal and State Governments, Greyhound Clubs Victoria (GCV) and Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV) are addressing each issue and obstacle as they are raised and presented.
Effective immediately, the following changes have been made to race day protocols, in addition to all announcements last week:
- Bar and kitchen/bistro facilities is closed;
- Patron areas and function rooms will remain open for use by those allowed to attend race meetings however room capacity regulations for social distancing of 1.5 metres apart must be adhered to;
- Restrictions placed on number of people in each room in operation on race day as per the room measurements to adhere to the social distancing guidelines – room capacity numbers will be displayed and managed accordingly;
- Race day trials will be limited to two dogs maximum per trial (i.e. no half field trials) to meet social distancing regulations behind the boxes and awaiting to trial;
- No cash transactions on course – all payments for trials to be either online or by card.
WGRC, GCV and GRV cannot stress enough to participants and member Clubs the importance of following the protocols in place. No protocol has been introduced without necessity to ensure the ongoing conduct and viability of greyhound racing.
In summary, we must follow the protocols or risk being shut down, like many other industries nation-wide.
WGRC, GCV and GRV appreciate the inconvenience that some of the protocols may cause and greatly appreciate the understanding and co-operation of participants in this time of crisis.
Let’s focus on what we can control and adhere to the Government restrictions and continue to race and doing what we know best, providing a product to our general product to take everyone’s mind off the serious matter at hand.